Brompton Oratory 23.7.23

 



Brompton Oratory


On Sunday afternoon I stroll

Across the field of Hyde Park 

And past the Museum queues

To be put in my place.


Climbing from Brompton Road

I enter the Temple of God

And kneel in the crowd

To be put in my place.


The organ bursts out

And the Oratory Brothers enter

To lead Solemn Vespers

And put me in my place


Timeless plainchant flows

Carrying me along with

Prayer seasoned by the ages 

Putting me in my place.


After Vespers the altar lights

As Christ in form of Bread

Is lifted to his grand throne

And all kneel in their place.


With family and friends and

The world’s anguish on my heart

I welcome Love’s Benediction 

putting all in the best place.


John Twisleton   23 July 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speakers’ Corner 23.7.23

Queen of Heaven